Hi everyone! As you can see from the post title, Wishing Upon a Star is officially celebrating its 1 year anniversary or blogiversary!!
In honor of this day, I decided to answer 73 questions (like on Vogue) so you can get to know me better through this fun way. Most of the questions are from Fred and Far and I added some of my own in.
Without further ado, let’s get started! I love watching Vogue’s 73 Questions so I’m very eager to answer these 😀
- On a scale of 1-10, how excited are you about life right now?
I would say a solid 8.
2. Describe yourself in a hashtag?
3. What song would you love to karaoke?
Adele’s Send My Love (To Your New Lover)
4. If your life was a musical, what would the marquee say?
Ooh I’ll have to think about that!
5. What’s one thing people don’t know about you?
That I’m an early bird AND a night owl.
6. What’s your wake up ritual?
My ideal wake up ritual is to wake at around 8:30 or 9, and do an hour of reading or writing before having breakfast. Alas, this is not a common practice.
7. What’s your go to bed ritual?
I don’t really have a ritual, but I would want to go to bed early more.
8. What’s your favorite time of day?
I actually like all times of the day—they all possess their own charm.
9. What is one thing no one knows about you?
That’s a very interesting question lols.
10. Dream country to visit?
11. Heels or flats/sneakers?
12. Vintage or new?
13. Style icon?
14. What 3 people living or dead would you like to make dinner for?
Emma Watson, Michelle Obama, and Confucius would be an interesting trio.
15. Window or aisle seat?
16. What’s your current TV obsession?
I’m currently watching The Mysterious Benedict Society. It’s not bad. Reynie and Constance are definitely my favorites! And…Gilmore Girls is my go-to comfort show!
17. Favorite app?
Messages, Musi, Duolingo, and Photos are the apps I use most.
18. Secret talent?
I think I’m quite good at getting a song’s melody right without having to listen to it too many times.
19. Most adventurous thing you’ve done in your life?
Rode a very wild roller coaster. I generally don’t like roller coasters 🙈
20. How would you define yourself in three words?
Creative, curious, compassionate.
21. Favorite piece of clothing you own?
I love all my clothes!
22. Must have clothing item everyone should have?
23. Superpower you would want?
Teleportation or shapeshifting.
24. What’s inspiring you in life right now?
My family and friends.
25. Best piece of advice you’ve received?
When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.
26. Best advice you’d give your teenage self?
I mean, I’m still a teenager. Lol.
27. A book that everyone should read?
That’s too hard!
28. What would you like to be remembered for?
Helping people would be one of the best legacies.
29. How do you define beauty?
Beauty is you in your most you self.
30. What do you love most about your body?
How kind it is to me.
31. Best way to take a rest/decompress?
Netflix. And ice cream. Maybe both haha.
32. Favorite place to view art?
Probably a museum.
33. If your life were a song, what would the title be?
Everything’s Going to be All Right might be a good title!
34. If you could master one instrument, what would it be?
I’ve been playing piano for many years so I’ll stick with piano 😀
35. If you had a tattoo, where would it be?
36. What would the tattoo be of?
Either something bookish, the name of a loved one, or a favorite word.
37. Dolphins or koalas?
38. What’s your favorite animal?
I’m in awe of the big cats—leopards, panthers, the like.
39. Best gift you’ve ever received?
I’ve loved all my presents!
40. Best gift you’ve ever given?
Each year I try to give something different but equally special to each of my loved ones!
41. What’s your favorite board game?
Clue and Life. Monopoly with my cousins.
42. What’s your favorite color?
43. Least favorite color?
I don’t think I have one.
44. Diamonds or pearls?
45. Jacket or sweatshirt?
Jacket. I don’t understand what some people have against zippers.
46. Blow-dry or air-dry?
No particular preference 🙂
47. Pilates or yoga?
48. Coffee or tea?
49. Cake or pie?
50. What’s the weirdest word in the English language?
51. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
52. Stairs or elevator?
Depends on my mood. For elevator though, bonus if it’s glass and you can see outside.
53. Summer or winter?
54. You are stuck on an island, you can pick one food to eat forever without getting tired of it, what would you eat?
55. A dessert you don’t like?
Anything overly sweet.
56. A skill you’re working on mastering?
57. Best thing to happen to you today?
I had a very productive day! I did my biotech camp, finished hosting another round of my writing workshop, and did piano.
58. Worst thing to happen to you today? Happy to say that nothing bad really happened.
59. Best compliment you’ve ever received?
One of the best compliments I’ve received is from my cousin. She said she thought Anne from Anne of Green Gables was a bit like me.
60. Favorite smell?
Some books have a really lovely scent!
61. Hugs or kisses?
62. If you made a documentary, what would it be about?
The beauty and sadness in genius.
63. Last piece of content you consumed that made you cry?
WandaVision Episode 8 is the one that jumps to mind.
64. Lipstick or lip gloss?
65. Sweet or savory?
Savory 90%, sweet 10%.
66. Girl crush?
I’m in awe of Millie Bobby Brown!
67. How you know you’re in love?
I think I’m too young for that lol.
68. Song you can listen to on repeat?
It changes, but right now, I’d say Style by Taylor Swift. You’ve probably been there too a few times, right? 😉
69. If you could switch lives with someone for a day who would it be?
Probably my cousin (same one who said I was a bit like Anne)!!
70. What are you most excited about at this time in your life?
Going back to school.
71. Your go to for having a good laugh?
Friends or book memes!
72. Your go to when you’re down?
73. Your affirmation for today?
I love myself.
Whew 73 questions just flew by! Gosh that was fun 😀 I hope you enjoyed reading my answers to all these amazing questions!
I’d also like to thank you all for supporting Wishing Upon a Star and for reading, liking, and commenting. My experience in the blogosphere has been absolutely wonderful, and I’ve had so much fun getting to meet you all and ooh and aah over your posts! You are such great people and I’m lucky to be able to interact with you in this way!
Special thanks to Abby, D @ Random Specific Thoughts, Ash @ Starlight Strands, Millay @ Millay’s Musings, Ahaana @ Windows to Worlds, Jan @ The Doodlecrafter, and Cherelle @ A Bolt out of the Book. Interacting with each of you has been a true joy and I look forward to continuing our conversations! You all are incredible friends!!
And…that’s a wrap!
Feel free to drop your thoughts in the comments below! Thank you so much for reading, and I hope you have a lovely rest of your day.