Hi everyone! I hope you’re all doing well, staying safe and happy.
This week is extra special at Wishing Upon a Star because I will be posting four times!
That’s right! Not one or two or three — four.
I’m really excited! I’m proud of the content I’ve prepared for this week, so I hope you will enjoy!!
A little timeline so you know what to expect:
Today — 2 Awards in 1 Post!
Friday — Let’s Talk Bookish: Reading Seasonally
Saturday — August & September Wrap Up with October Goals (my, my, how time has flown)
Sunday — Something very, very special…BE ON THE LOOKOUT!
Now that that large intro is out of the way, perfect time to segue into the real intro of this post, right?
I’m here today with 2 awards and questions to answer (which will hopefully tell you more about me)!! I’m so grateful to have been nominated for 2 awards in a short time frame, many many many many thanks to Krisha @ The Cozy Corner for nominating me for the Liebster Award and Abby @ Beyond the Read for nominating me for the Black Cat Blue Sea Award! Both of them post wonderful content and are so sweet and considerate, make sure to visit their blogs! Here’s Krisha’s post and check out Abby’s here — both were so much fun to read!!
Plus, if you’re wondering why the featured image of this post is a relaxed kitty, it’s because Liebster means kind and they look like they’d make a great friend haha, and one of the awards is called Black Cat Blue Sea!
I’ll start with the Liebster Award and then I’ll do the Black Cat Blue Sea Award. So sit back, relax, and enjoy this post!
The rules of the Liebster Award are to:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and give a link to the blog.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Nominate between 5-11 other bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Notify your nominees once you’ve uploaded your post.
Here are Krisha’s questions and my answers! Happy reading 😉
- What’s your favourite thing about book blogging?
The community, of course! I love interacting with bloggers, I’m so glad to be able to find others with similar tastes in books, characters, ships, and the like. Plus, everyone is just so friendly and kind and supportive!!
I also like creating posts in general, especially tags, analysis posts, and book reviews!
2. Which book would you want with you if you were stranded on a desert island all on your own?
Er…um…now that is a really hard question. But because it’s a desert, probably Dune by Frank Herbert because I might be able to pick up some desert survival skills from Paul and Jessica and the Fremen.
3. How do you feel about books that end on a cliffhanger?
NO. WHY? NOW WHAT?!
4. What is the essential factor in whether or not you’ll enjoy a book?
Er…I have A LOT of essential factors, but it varies according to genre. I might publish a post on that sometime…Generally though, I want to read a book that raises thought provoking questions and explores relevant themes.
5. Do have any hobbies besides reading and what are they?
Definitely! Spending time with my family and friends, clacking away at my keyboard for a book, watching physics videos, and occasionally wondering what a caramel macchiato tastes like.
6. Who is your favorite villain and why?
Nidia Swanling, my very own villain! I wrote her to be as authentic and morally gray as I could, and I think I did it well.
7. Is 3 stars a good or bad rating?
More good than bad. 3 stars for me is average. Usually means that there was one of the three essentials (character, world, and plot) that was done really well. Good pace or if there was some interesting concepts / themes that could’ve been explored further could also help make a book 3 stars.
8. Do you have any bookish and/or blogging goals that you really want to accomplish?
For blogging: I hope my readers find my posts interesting, thought provoking, and fun to read! That’s the biggest blogging award to me.
Bookish goals: To traditionally publish! I’ve self published three times — I want to try traditional now. I also want to use my voice to promote awareness of causes that are dear to my heart, and hopefully help make change for the better!
9. What movie can you watch over and over without ever getting tired of?
It’d be much easier to choose a TV show, because they’re longer 😂. But if I had to choose one movie…aargh, I can’t!! But here are the 3 movies of 2020 that I want to watch most: Enola Holmes (which is coming out tomorrow, SO pumped!!!!), Tenet, and Dune.
10. Do you like book series, or do you prefer standalone reads?
If the book series starts off solid, I may be inclined to read the sequels. But if it starts off shaky or if I don’t see the point in continuing (dragging plot, NO) or if I’m just too lazy 😂, I won’t read the rest. Standalone reads are typically pretty good, in my experience, but it all depends! Roald Dahl writes great standalone novels, though, if anyone’s curious.
11. If you could live any place in the world, imaginary or not, where would it be?
I’m content with where I live now! But if I could go to any fictional world, I’d go to Spacia and try fixing things on Narleona.
Hopefully you feel that you know me a little better now! Here are my nominees (if you’re currently award free or are too busy, no worries! just know that you still deserve the nomination) for this award:
And YOU if you’re reading this!
My Questions for Liebster Nominees:
- What are you looking forward to doing when this pandemic is over and we’re no longer in quarantine?
- How have you been spending your time lately?
- Favorite TV show, movie, or book you’re bingeing?
- Favorite type of blog post to write? (You can definitely choose more than one!)
- Favorite part of creating a post? (The idea, the drafting, the finalizing, the aesthetics?)
- If you could learn any language, what would it be and why?
- If you could be behind the crew of any book adaptation (movie, TV show, musical, for example) which would you choose and why?
- Who would you cast as the leads for the adaptation of your favorite book?
- Which fictional world would you want a passport stamp from?
- Describe your perfect day in that fictional world.
- Last but not least, which song could you listen to nonstop for an hour?
Now for the Black Cat Blue Sea Award!
- Anybody nominated can nominate seven (lucky number) other bloggers.
- Anybody nominated answers three questions.
- The questions you ask while nominating can be any three questions.
- If any of the questions asked are offending or the nominee simply does not want to answer them, the nominee does not have to answer them to earn the award.
The meaning of the Black Cat Blue Sea Award: “This award is for bloggers who strive to write for everybody, and no matter how many viewers they get, make an impact on a reader. This award is an expression of gratitude to the nominee. It should be awarded to anybody that you choose deserves it, and it doesn’t mean that they must have hundreds of followers and likes.”
Just wanted to say — I’m so honored I was among Abby’s nominees for this prompt! As a writer, I always feel warm at heart when my readers read my books and say such nice things about them. Same goes for this blog and the posts I put out, and I love interacting in the comments section 😀 as you may know.
So now for Abby’s 3 questions and my answers!
- What is one thing you’d like to accomplish by the end of your life?
Lol there really isn’t any one thing…but I do hope that by the end of my life, I can be content with the knowledge that I contributed to a good change in the world. A little vague, but hey, the future’s wide with possibilities, isn’t it?
2. Do you have a book that’s your go-to for autumn?
This Friday, I’ll be participating in Let’s Talk Bookish again, and the topic is Reading Seasonally…what a coincidence…or is it? 😏 Anyways, I wouldn’t exactly say I categorize my books seasonally, but the color palette of the book’s cover or the shades of tone and mood the content takes on can definitely remind me of certain seasons. For autumn though…I’ll just go with the good old classic Anne of the Island. Just because (and like I’ve probably said 1000 times, it’s my comfort read…but it’s actually got some great autumn feels).
3. How do you deal with stress?
Then I try to calm down, and rest my state of mind…if that makes sense. Sometimes, I just have to accept that I need a break.
I feel like I’m going to be repeating nominations at this point…so if you’d like to do this tag, feel free to answer my questions and say I nominated you! Plus, if you want me to visit your blog, drop a link in the comments below and I’ll be sure to get to you.
My Questions for Black Cat Blue Sea Nominees:
- What scent reminds you of home?
- Sunrise or sunset, and why?
- The most stressful season?
We’ve now reached the end of this lengthy post! I thought doing this 2 in 1 thing would be more efficient, and I think it turned out well?
Thank you very much for reading! Make sure to link back to this post if you do these questions so I can see your lovely answers. Have a wonderful day, lovelies!! And get ready for a post-packed week at Wishing Upon a Star!!!!